Steamed Manila Clams with Ginger and Lemongrass
- 2 lb Manila clams scrubbed and cleaned
- 2 Tbsp lemongrass minced
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 lime
- 10 sprigs Thai basil
- 1 baguette sliced
- In a heavy bottom pot gently sauté the garlic, ginger, and lemongrass in the oil until fragrant (2-3 minutes). Add clams all at once and stir to coat with oil and herbs (approximately 1-2 minutes).
- Pour wine, water, and fish sauce over clams and cover with lid. Boil on high for 4-5 minutes or until the clams have fully opened. Discard any unopened clams. Set clams aside but keep warm.
- Lightly brush baguette slices with oil and grill quickly on a hot grill pan or charcoal grill. Pour clams into bowls and squeeze lime juice over them. Shred Thai basil leaves over clams.
- Serve with grilled baguette toast.