Pumpkin Donuts with Grilled Kadota Figs
Enjoy these delicious pumpkin donuts with grilled Kadota figs, caramel sauce, and cinnamon sugar!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cloves ground
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup pumpkin canned
- 1/3 cup vegetable order + 2 Tbsp
- 2 medium eggs slightly beaten
- 1 pint Kadota figs or seasonal figs
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cinnamon ground
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease mini donut pans with butter (can be made in muffin pans but require about 4-5 more minutes baking time). In a large bowl with a fork, mix flour with the next seven ingredients until combined. Add remainder of ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into donut tins or muffin pans and bake for 8-9 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for ten minutes and then remove to cool completely.
- Cut figs in half and brush cut side with vegetable oil. Grill on a well-heated grill pan for 1-2 minutes. Remove and cool.
- To Assemble: Spoon some caramel sauce onto each plate and top with two donuts per person. Dust the donuts with sugar and cinnamon. Spoon a few figs onto each plate and garnish with mint springs.