Wild Porcini Mushroom Risotto
- 2-3 lb boneless beef steaks (filet, sirloin, tri tip, etc.)
- olive oil to brush steaks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 qt chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion minced
- 2 cup Arborio or Carnaroli rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup porcini mushroom dried
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese plus some for garnish
- salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp parsley minced (optional)
- Heat the chicken stock in a soup pot and maintain it simmer.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a 4-quart,heavy-bottomed soup pot over a medium flame. Add onions and cook until soft but not browned, about 3 minutes. Add the rice, stirring to coat each grain well with the butter and oil.
- Heat the rice until it turns translucent with a white dot in the center, about 3 minutes. Add the wine and cook until it is completely absorbed. Add the simmering stock a ladle at a time while stirring the rice. Wait until the stock absorbs completely until adding the next ladle of stock.
- Once the rice is tender (after about 20minutes), stir in the butter and Romano cheese. Season to taste. Serve with a dusting of Romano and parsley.
Pair with Grgich Hills Estate Merlot, Napa Valley - Shop here