Lamb Chops with Apricots, Carrots, and Moroccan Spice
- 12 lamb rack chops
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger ground
- 1/2 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 cup veal reduction or demi-glaze
- 2 carrots peeled, cut into 2 inch baton
- 10 apricots dried, quartered
- 2 cups tomatoes dried with juice
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°. Season the lamb(preferably overnight). Dredge the chops in the flour and shake off any excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, over high heat. Sear the meat to brown all over. Remove the chops.
- Add the onions and carrots and cook 10 minutes or until the onions brown a bit. Add the ginger, cumin, cinnamon, and saffron and cook for 1 minute. Add the reduction, tomatoes, apricots, lamb, and 1 cup of water.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for about10-15 minutes or until the lamb is cooked medium-rare or to desired doneness. Remove the chops.
- Add the cilantro to the sauce. Adjust seasoning. Spoon the sauce over the chops.
- *Purchase veal reduction or demi-glaze at a gourmet grocery store.
Recipe by Todd Muir and Wine Country Chefs. Pairs with Grgich Hills Estate Zinfandel, Napa Valley - Shop here