Grilled Chicken Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 1 3/4 pounds
- 9 cups loosely packed mixed salad greens
- 1/2 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup peas, thawed if frozen
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, cut into thick shaves with a vegetable peeler
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, garlic, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper, whisking to dissolve the salt. Whisk in the olive oil. Set aside.
- Prepare the grill to high heat and lightly oil the grate. Sprinkle the chicken with the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Grill until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the greens, onion, and about half of the dressing. Arrange the mixture on plates or a platter.
- Slice the chicken. Arrange the chicken, peas, and radishes on top of the greens. Drizzle with the remaining dressing, sprinkle with the cheese, and serve.Copyright Jill Silverman Hough. All rights reserved. www.jillhough.com.