Grilled Beef Steak with Gorgonzola Risotto
- 2-3 lbs boneless beef steaks Filet, sirloin, tri-tip etc..
- olive oil to brush steaks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin, plus extra tbsp for coating
- 7-8 cup meat stock preferably homemade
- 1/2 cup onion minced
- 3 cup rice Arborio or Carnaroli
- 1 cup wine red or white
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- Brush the steaks with olive oil. Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper. Grill or broil to medium rare about 4-5 minutes on each side or to desired doneness.
- Coat the steaks with¼ olive oil plus 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar over the steaks and set aside and keep warm.
- Heat the meat stock in a sauce pot and maintain at a simmer.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large sauce pot. Add onions and cook until soft but not browned, about 3 minutes. Add the rice and heat to coat each grain well with oil and heat until translucent with a white dot in the center, about3minutes. Add the wine and cook until it is completely absorbed. Add the simmering stock a ladle at a time. Reserve ½ cup of stock to add later in the recipe.
- Wait until the stock is completely absorbed until adding the next ladle of stock. When the rice is tender to the bite but still firm in the center, after about 20 minutes, add the parsley, reserved stock, butter and cheese. Season the risotto to taste with salt and pepper
- Slice the steaks and arrange on top of the risotto. Spoon the steak juice along with the oil and vinegar in the platter the steaks where in over the meat and serve at once.