Grgich Hills Roasted Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 8 oz chicken breast with skin
- 2-3 large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 8 oz brown button mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 shallot diced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 lb spinach leaves
- sea salt and fresh cracked white peppercorns to taste
- 1 pinch thyme
- olive oil as needed
- Butterfly a large chicken breast and pound flat on a cutting board being careful not to tear the skin. Set aside.
- Wash mushrooms and pat dry. Chop the mushrooms into small pieces. Add 1oz olive oil to a small sauté pan on low heat. Add the shallots and sweat. Add mushrooms, a pinch each of thyme, and sweat mushrooms stirring occasionally for three minutes. Add Chardonnay and reduce liquid till mushrooms are dry. Set aside.
- Place spinach leaves into a pot of boiling salted water and boil for 30 seconds. Remove leaves from pot using a slotted spoon. Place on a paper towel, squeeze out any additional water. Set aside.
- Blacken a whole red bell pepper by placing it on a medium high open flame on your stove turning occasionally. After blackened, place red bell pepper in a plastic bag and allow steam for 10 minutes. Remove from bag and peel off the skin. Cut open the bell pepper at the stem and remove the seeds. Cut the bell pepper into three equal pieces. Set aside.
- Layer the ingredients on the pounded chicken breast. Slightly to the left center of the breast, begin to add the ingredients on top of each other. Begin with the shrimp, then the mushrooms, then the spinach and finally the red bell pepper. Roll the chicken breast up (similar to rolling up a burrito) from left to right and tie with string to hold in place. Salt and pepper the outside of the chicken breast to taste.
- Pre heat a sauté pan over high heat. Add 1 oz. of olive oil. Add chicken and sauté to alight golden brown color, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken breast in an oven-proof pan and roast for 15 minutes turning the chicken over halfway through the cooking process. Remove from pan.
- Loosely cover the chicken breast with tin foil and allow the chicken to rest five minutes, Remove strings, slice into one-inch medallions. Serve with shoestring potatoes.