Flank Steak Sandwiches
- 1.25 pound flank steak
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large sandwich rolls, split
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups spring mix greens (about 2 ounces)
- Heat a stovetop or outdoor grill to medium-high and lightly oil the grate. Sprinkle the steak with the salt and pepper and grill to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare or 6 minutes per side for medium. Remove the steak from the grill and let rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, horseradish, and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spread the mixture onto the bottom halves of the rolls and arrange the onion on top.
- Cut the steak across the grain into thin slices. Arrange the meat on top of the onion, top with the greens, and serve.Copyright Jill Silverman Hough. All rights reserved. www.jillhough.com.