Dungeness Crab Cakes
Servings: 20 1 oz. cakes
- 1 lb Dungeness crab cleaned of any shells
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp scallion sliced
- 10 drops Tabasco
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh white bread crumbs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Flake crabmeat through your fingers to break up large pieces of meat and remove any bits of shell.
- Add all of the chopped herbs and bread crumbs.
- Mix all wet ingredients together and pour over crabmeat.
- Toss briefly, taste–adjust flavor with salt and pepper.
- Pat into small round patties.
- Fry in a small amount of clarified butter in a Teflon pan until crisp and brown on both sides.
- Serve with Spicy Mayonnaise or Chile Tartar Sauce.
Pair with Grgich Hills Estate Chardonnay, Napa Valley - Shop Here