Chicken Tender Soft Tacos
- 3 or 4 limes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ¼ teaspoons coarse kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola, grapeseed, or other neutral-flavored oil
- 8 cups or one 10 ounce bag finely shredded cabbage or slaw mix
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ¼ to 1 ½ pounds chicken tenders
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion powder
- Twelve 6 or 8-inch corn or flour tortillas
- Zest 2 of the limes. Squeeze the zested limes to yield 2 tablespoons of juice. In a small bowl, combine the zest, juice, sour cream, and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Cut the remaining 2 limes into 6 wedges each. Set the sour cream mixture and lime wedges aside. In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, pepper, and ½ teaspoon of the remaining salt, whisking to dissolve the salt. Whisk in the oil. Add the cabbage and cilantro, tossing to combine. Set aside.
- Prepare a grill to high heat and lightly oil the grate. Sprinkle the chicken with the paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and remaining 1 ½ teaspoons of salt. Wrap the tortillas in foil. Grill the chicken until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Place the tortillas on a cooler part of the grill and cook until warm, 5 to 8 minutes, turning halfway through. Divide the chicken among the tortillas and top with the cilantro slaw and lime sour cream.Serve warm, with the lime wedges on the side.