Asian Halibut with Shiitake Mushroom
- 12 pieces halibut filet 1 oz pieces
- 1 tsp Thai red curry paste or to taste
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp water
- 4 oz shiitake mushrooms stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce plus some for garnish
- Ponzu sauce for garnish
- sesame oil for garnish
- green onion for garnish
- Mix together the red curry paste with the water and tomato paste. Brush the halibut with the curry mix. Broil the fish a few minutes or until just cooked.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a small pan over medium high heat. Sauté the mushrooms, ginger and garlic, stirring, few minutes, or until tender. Add 1 tablespoon of soy and set aside.
- Place several slices of mushroom in Asian soup spoon. Place halibut on top. Place a teaspoon of thin soy, ½ teaspoon ponzu and2-3 drops sesame oil and garnish with sliced green onion on top of each. Serves 4.